♥Check out our new “Fundraising page”! Click here! ♥
♥ These Fundraising Programs are only available in Canada. ♥
This fundraiser is for individuals wanting to participate in one of our ongoing campaigns to raise funds for a cause chosen by you or by Mind Growth Education that will have a positive, transformative impact on a community, a group of individuals, a charity, a non-profit organization, etc.) We will be adding campaigns on an ongoing basis when an important cause arises in our nation! We are here to help raise funds and promote literacy at the same time!
DID YOU KNOW?
- Teach your kids the value of giving and inspire caring and empathy!
- For every dollar raised, one minute will be read!
- Even friends or family out of town can support your reading efforts.
- All the money and reading minutes are handled and tracked for you – online!
- The participant will be mailed a brag tag and a thank you card, to be given to them upon completion of their “Great Things Happen When You Read! Read-A-Thon” event.
- Upon signing up for a “Great Things Happen When You Read! Read-A-Thon”, the family of the participant will receive a digital starter kit via email shortly afterwards, which has forms and contracts to complete, sign, scan and send back to Mind Growth Education via email.
- When all of the pertinent information is received, Mind Growth Education will then send the link to their customized Charitable Impact or GoFundMe Read-A-Thon Fundraising Campaign page and the login information for the participant’s Mind Growth Education account prior to his/her “Great Things Happen When You Read! Read-A-Thon” event date.
- During the first 10 days: The participant and his/her family members will gather sponsors using their online “Read-A-Thon Fundraising Campaign page” to raise funds for one of the causes listed below.
- After the first 10 days, at one point during the day: The participant will receive via email how many minutes he/she is to read for the duration of it’s “Great Things Happen When You Read! Read-A-Thon” event after the fundraising part of the event is over. The “Read-A-Thon” part of the event does not need to start the following day. It can start whenever your family has the time and is ready to read!
- During the following few weeks: The participant begins reading and logs in his/her minutes in their Mind Growth Education’s reading log program account until they’ve reached their goal! HOW FAR WILL YOUR FUNDRAISING AMOUNT GET YOU ON YOUR READING JOURNEY!
- All donations are sent to your chosen cause after the first 24 hours fundraising deadline in the participant’s honour.
More about Charitable Impact: Since Mind Growth Education is a for-profit company, we are collaborating with a social fundraising site named Charitable Impact Foundation whom issues tax receipts immediately for all donations processed on their platform. Because of this, they are only legally able to disburse to CRA-registered charities and non-profit organizations.
READING LOG PROGRAM PREVIEW
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW!
- There is an upfront cost of $14.99 to participate in this fundraising program.
- No donation forms to keep track of. Everything is done online!
- Read-A-Thon’s can be held at any time during the year.
- A Mind Growth Education representative will be assigned to your family to help with any questions you may have.
- You can choose from two different reading log programs: “Read Across Canada” or “Read Across the World“.
- Available in both French and English.
OUR CURRENT CAMPAIGNS ARE THE FOLLOWING:
1) Your choice of cause or charity: Just let us know which cause or charity you would like to fundraise for and we will get your started! Can’t think of a cause or charity? No problem! Just simply let us know what inspires you or what you would like to see change in the world and we will help you find a cause or charity to fundraise for! We’re experts! Click here for more information.
2) Non-profit organization: Vancouver Aquarium – Cause: Help Save The Vancouver Aquarium. Why we chose this cause? Due to COVID-19, the animal care teams at Vancouver Aquarium are still hard at work ensuring that 70,000 animals – from the jellyfish, to the frogs, to our rescued otters – continue to receive the highest level of care. Without ticket revenue, their need for your support has never been greater. The Vancouver Aquarium is more than just a place to see animals. It’s an interactive learning space that focuses on practical conservation that’s tangible to guests. We are proud to lend a hand a help raise funds and awareness for such a special place in our hearts. You can help save the Vancouver Aquarium by signing up to this “Read-A-Thon” campaign!
3) Charity: WE Charity – Cause: WE Charity educates and empowers young people from all over the world. Why we chose this cause? WE Day and WE Schools are initiatives of WE Charity that educate and empower young people. WE Schools is a year-long service-learning program that nurtures compassion in students and gives them the tools to create transformative social change. And WE Day is a series of inspiring events that celebrate youth making a difference in their local and global communities. You can help WE Charity transform lives around the world by signing up to this “Read-A-Thon” campaign!
4) Non-profit organization: YOUTH ACTION NETWORK/RESEAU ACTION JEUNESSE – Cause: Unlearn, Rethink, Inspire, Do Something! Black Lives Matter! Why we chose this cause? This organization helps youth become more informed and involved in order to move towards a just and sustainable society. They run an annual racism conference.You can this movement by signing up to this “Read-A-Thon” campaign here!