- Kids focus on reading instead of selling a product. For every dollar raised, one minute will be read!
- Minimal teacher time commitment to run the program, you log in your minutes once a day for two weeks.
- No donation forms to keep track of. All the money and reading minutes are handled and tracked for you – online!
- Your school or group can choose from two different programs: profits going back to you vary from 75% to 85% depending on the program you choose!
- Our Read-A-Thon can be held at any time during the year.
- We can supply all of the rewards, if you prefer! Easier for you just to sit back and let us run the fundraiser!
- Every participant gets a brag tag at the end of the fundraiser, courtesy of Mind Growth Education!
- A Mind Growth Education representative will be assigned to your school to help with running the fundraiser!
- Our most popular prizes from past events are: Class prize – movie + popcorn, Individual prize – 2 movie passes, a few books, the Guess Who? game or an iTunes Gift Cards.
- Start a reading habit! Instil in your students or children the love of reading with our Read-A-Thon Fundraising Program!
- Your group can choose from two different reding log programs: “Read Across Canada” or “Read Across the World”.
- Our Read-A-Thon fundraising program is available in both French and English.
- You could raise awareness and support a good cause.
- Turn reading into the most charitably productive activity in your community.
- We are very proud to have helped raise so much money to help schools or groups in many ways! Past funds raised have contributed directly to improving playgrounds, increasing STEM, supporting field trips, over costs such as costumes, competition fees and travel, increasing library resources, and upgrading technology in some schools.
- We make a difference! “Giving is just not about making a donation, it’s about making a difference!” – Kathy Calvin
- Our “Great Things Happen When You Read” Read-A-Thon is a great way to teach your kids the value of giving and inspire caring and empathy!
- We allow anyone to raise funds for anything, anywhere.
- Our Read-A-Thon fundraising program has the ability to raise large sums of money!
- Schools have more critical needs this year than ever before. We are one of the most flexible fundraising program that raises readers while generating exceptional financial results.
- Reading + Adventure = A huge amount of awesomeness!
- Reading empowers you to empathize with other people.
- Reading before bed can boost your brainpower as well as opening your eyes to a million other worlds. Your brain is a muscle too, and just like the rest of your body, it needs a workout to keep it healthy. Reading is more neurologically challenging than speaking or processing images.
Kids these days have already missed out on so much with video games and TV shows taking over. After completing a Read-A-Thon, participants will have had over 500 – 1,000 additional minutes of reading during the school year. This has proven to increase their reading speed, comprehension and higher thinking level. A wonderful byproduct is that they frequently increase time they spend in recreational reading providing a great alternative to video games and social media content. (I guess this could be our reason #24!)Have we convinced you yet?
THE BOTTOM LINE IS: We offer a variety of ways to fundraise for great causes, whether it be for a school, for a non-profit organization, a charity, a sports team, a club, a birthday party, or simply JUST BECAUSE! Please click on the following links for more information:
Read-A-Thons for NPOs, Charities, Sports Teams and Clubs
Great Things Happen When You Read! Read-A-Thons
Founder of Mind Growth Education
Check out these products and much more on our online shop for awesome Mind Growth Education merchandise!
It’s no secret that schools, groups and sports teams have fundraising needs. We can help!
Here are 23 reasons why you should do a Read-A-Thon fundraiser with Mind Growth Education: