Read Across the World on Earth Day Dashboard
THIS DIGITAL DASHBOARD WILL HELP PARTICIPATE IN THIS EVENT REALLY FUN AND EASY!
• The Event Logo
• Your “Read Across the World for Earth Day Challenge” Suggested Timeline
• A List Of Ways To Make Your “Challenge” The Best Ever!
• Your Media Toolkit
• Earth Day Lesson/Une leçon pour Jour de la Terre
• Mind Growth Education Reading Log Login Information
• FAQ (Frequently Asked Question/Foire Aux Questions)
Isabelle – Your Mind Growth Education Representative
YOUR EVENT LOGOS
Click on images to download!
YOUR “READ ACROSS THE WORLD ON EARTH DAY CHALLENGE” SUGGESTED TIMELINE
Event Date: Friday, April 22nd, 2022
- Starting on Tuesday, April 19th, 2022 to Thursday, April 21st, 2022 (allowing a minimum of three days for promotion): The appointed organizer will start advertising/promoting the event at your school so that students and their teachers get “hyped” about the event. Also, they will then create a reading log account for the interested classes on your school’s master account.
- On Friday, April 22nd, 2022: The participating classes begin reading and logging in their minutes in their Mind Growth Education’s reading log program account (username and password provided by the appointed organizer). The challenge is: CAN YOUR SCHOOL COLLECTIVELY READ ACROSS THE WORLD IN JUST ONE DAY?
- Post-event: The handing out of the certificates of achievement will be up to the appointed organizer, to organize on his/her own terms.
A LIST OF WAYS TO MAKE YOUR “CHALLENGE” THE BEST EVER!
Please make sure you read through the following list for ideas on how to make your “Challenge” the best ever!
1. Host a DEAR (Drop Everything And Read) session. On an agreed certain time of the day (i.e. first thing in the morning or after lunch), every participating class drops everything and reads for a certain amount of time. Great way to get the whole school reading together!
2. Have a close friend or family member read a book on video conference with your classes (i.e. Zoom or FaceTime).
3. Buddy up with other participating class and read together.
4. Get your students to read during recess!
5. Read it before you see it! Read a particular book to the class and when the “challenge” is over, view the film version cinema-style in class (even make it a pyjama and/or popcorn day).
6. Swap some books with other classes for fresh new reading material to help you log in as many minutes as possible!
PS. SNAG IT, TAG IT, SHARE IT!
We’d love to see some photos of your students participating in our reading challenge (please no faces of your students, just the backs)! Please tag us on social media #readacrosstheworld or #lireàtraverslemonde or #mindgrowtheducation or #greatthingshappenwhenyouread Thank you! We appreciate it!
EARTH DAY LESSON
“Ignite change in the world” Postcard Project
Your students are invited to create and send their postcards back to our headquarters where we will add their postcards to our “Ignite Change in the World – Wall of Future Leaders” with all of the postcards we receive.
– Here is the lesson plan in which you got integrate this activity into your teaching (if you wish).
Please note: You may send them as one package and not individually if you prefer.
«Provoquer un changement dans le monde»Vos élèves sont invités à concevoir une carte postale qui sera envoyée à notre siège social où nous créerons le «Mur de futurs leaders» avec toutes les cartes postales que nous aurons reçues.Date limite de soumission des cartes postales : mardi, le 31 mai 2022INTÉGRER CETTE ACTIVITÉ À VOTRE ENSEIGNEMENT– Voici un plan de leçon que vous pouvez intégrer dans votre enseignement pour introduire le projet carte postale (si vous voulez).
Veuillez noter que vous pouvez nous faire parvenir vos cartes postales en un seul envoi et non individuellement si vous préférez.
MIND GROWTH EDUCATION READING LOG PROGRAM
HOW DOES IT WORK FOR THE TEACHERS? (Once you receive your login info)
Step #1: Go to the following link: https://mindgrowtheducation.com/ for english classes and https://mindgrowtheducation.com/fr/sign-in/ for french classes.
Step #2: Click on the “Sign In/Se Connecter” button and enter your login information.
Step #3: Click on the “About Me/Mon Compte” button, scroll down and select your character (you will only need to do this once).
Step #4: Click on the “Log Minutes/Mon Journal” button and enter the minutes you have read for the day’s reading sessions! Repeat Step #1, #2 and #4 after every reading session!
PS. Please keep your level of difficulty on the standard option! 🙂 Thank you!
Mind Growth Education Badge Collection Sheet for English students: Click here to download the “READ ACROSS THE WORLD” badge collection sheet!
Fiche de collection d’écusson Mind Growth Education: Cliquez ici pour télécharger la fiche de collection “LIRE À TRAVERS LE MONDE”!
English Mind Growth Education Bookmark Activity: Click here to download our printable bookmarks!
Activité de signets Mind Growth Education: Cliquez ici pour télécharger les signets!
Mind Growth Education Colouring Page: Click here to download our colouring page!
Mind Growth Education Certificate of Achievement: Click here to download this awesome certificate of achievement for each participating class. Print in colour and write the teacher’s name or division above the “class” line and how many minutes they read for the day (check on the master account).
Certificat de réussite Mind Growth Education: Cliquez ici pour télécharger ce superbe certificat de réussite pour chaque classe participante. Imprimez en couleur et écrivez le nom ou la division de l’enseignant(e) au-dessus de la ligne “classe” et combien de minutes ils ont lu pour la journée (vérifiez sur le compte principal).
FAQs (FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS/FOIRE AUX QUESTIONS)
We’ve tried to answer many common questions below, but if you need additional help, please get in touch with your Mind Growth Education representative, Isabelle, at email@example.com.
Q: Where do the teachers log in their minutes?
Get your school to sign into their Mind Growth Education account (login information provided by you) and start logging in their reading minutes to travel across the World and plant 4 real trees!
For English classes: Sign in at https://mindgrowtheducation.com/sign-in/
For French or French Immersion classes: Sign in at https://mindgrowtheducation.com/fr/sign-in/
Q: Can our French Immersion or French classes do the reading log program in French?
Yes, our reading log program are available in both French and English at any point within the platform. Just click on the following icon and the platform will switch from English to French or French to English.
Q: How does our reading log program work?
A: Teachers record the number of minutes they’ve read in class on Friday, April 22nd, 2022 by signing into their Mind Growth Education account. The program automatically converts their minutes into kilometres and advances their avatar on a virtual adventure across the World through various countries starting in Canada down to the eastern hemisphere and back up again through the Western Hemisphere and end in United States of America. Every time a class arrives at one of the major points on their adventure, a little blurb pops up with educational facts about that country. The students also get to earn badges and get printable worksheets as they progress on their reading journey. (Please note: For every 20 minutes, you will travel approx. 240 kilometres on the adventure map).
Q: Will one class be able to complete the reading challenge on its own?
A: One class will not be able to read across the world in one day. The reading challenge is for the whole school to collectively accumulate enough reading minutes to complete the challenge. We cannot reveal the exact number of reading minutes it would take to complete the reading challenge but here’s a hint: it would take more than 1,000 minutes!
Q: What is included with the $25 fee?
A: * A participation package will be sent to your school with a certificate of achievement + other goodies!
* Access to our digital event dashboard where you will find everything you need to promote the event within your school!
* One raffle entry for the grand prize.
* School wide subscription to our digital “Read Across the World” reading log program for every teacher (up to 30 classroom accounts).
* Your $4 donation to plant 4 real trees to One Tree Planted.
* A chance for your students to learn about the World, environmentalism and sustainability!
* A great way to celebrate Earth Day as a school!
* A great way to promote literacy within your school!
Q: What if one of the teachers needs help (i.e. cannot remember his/her username and/or password). What to do?
A: For username and/or password issues, they would need to speak to you as you’ve created their username and password. For any other issues,
just email me, Isabelle, your Mind Growth Education representative, with your question(s) and she’ll be happy to help.
Q: What is the importance of planting trees?
A: Trees give off oxygen that we need to breathe. Trees reduce the amount of storm water runoff, which reduces erosion and pollution in our waterways and may reduce the effects of flooding. Many species of wildlife depend on trees for habitat. Trees provide food, protection, and homes for many birds and mammals.
* Thank you prizes
Q: What will our school receive for participating in this reading challenge event?
A: Every school who registers will receive a participant package that include a certificate of achievement and other goodies, as well as a chance to win our grand prize. Our grand prize will be announced in early April 2022 via our social media platforms and on this page. Stay tuned!