♥ For our « Read-A-Thon Fundraising Program for Schools » page, please click here. ♥ For our « Read-A-Thon Fundraising Program for non-profit organizations/charities/sports team, etc. » page, please click here. ♥ For our « Great Things Happen When You Read Read-A-Thon Fundraising Program » page, please click here. ♥
♥ These Fundraising Programs are only available in Canada. ♥
For your next birthday, your birthday child can raise so much money just by focusing on READING TO SUPPORT A GREAT CAUSE (of your choice)!
- Teach your kids the value of giving and inspire caring and empathy!
- For every dollar raised, one minute will be read!
- Even friends or family out of town can support your reading efforts.
- All the money and reading minutes are handled and tracked for you – online!
- The birthday child will be mailed a small birthday gift and a birthday card prior to their birthday and to be given to them during their “Birthday Read-A-Thon” event.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Upon signing up for a “Birthday Read-A-Thon”, the family of the birthday child will receive a digital starter kit via email shortly afterwards, which has forms and contracts to complete, sign, scan and send back to Mind Growth Education via email.
- When all of the pertinent information is received from the organizer, Mind Growth Education will send the organizer the link to their customized Charitable Impact Birthday Fundraising Campaign page (See information below about « Charitable Impact Foundation« ) and the login information for the birthday child’s Mind Growth Education account prior to his/her “Birthday Read-A-Thon” event date.
- During the first 24 hours: The birthday child and his/her family members will gather sponsors using their online “Charitable Impact Birthday Fundraising Campaign page” to raise funds for their preferred cause.
- After the first 24 hours, at one point during the day: The birthday child will receive via email how many minutes he/she is to read for the duration of it’s “Birthday Read-A-Thon” event after the fundraising part of the event is over. The “Read-A-Thon” part of the event does not need to start the following day. It can start whenever your family has the time and is ready to read!
- During the following few weeks: The birthday child begins reading and logs in his/her minutes in their Mind Growth Education’s reading log program account until they’ve reached their goal! HOW FAR WILL YOUR FUNDRAISING AMOUNT GET YOU ON YOUR READING JOURNEY!
- All donations are sent from the Charitable Impact Foundation to your chosen cause after the first 24 hours fundraising deadline in the birthday boy’s or birthday girl’s honour.
Click here to download our « Birthday Read-A-Thon Flyer » for more information!
More about Charitable Impact: Since Mind Growth Education is a for-profit company, we’ve partnered with a social fundraising site named Charitable Impact Foundation whom issues tax receipts immediately for all donations processed on their platform. Because of this, they are only legally able to disburse to CRA-registered charities and non-profit organizations.
READING LOG PROGRAM PREVIEW
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW!
- There is an upfront cost of $14.99 to participate in this fundraising program.
- No donation forms to keep track of. Everything is done online!
- Read-A-Thon’s can be held at any time during the year.
- A Mind Growth Education representative will be assigned to your family to help with any questions you may have or if it’s a question about how Chimp works, have a chat with them.
- You can choose from two different reading log programs: « Read Across Canada » or « Read Across the World« .
- Available in both French and English.
SUGGESTED CHARITIES AND NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS TO SUPPORT:
- We Charity
- Children Believe
- Canadian Feed the Children
- The War Amps
- Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Canada
- Trails Youth Initiatives
- Boundless School
- Children’s Cottage Society
- Sleeping Children Around The World
- Local SPCAs
- Local Hospitals
- Local Firefighter Stations
- Local Schools (for libraries, for breakfast initiatives, etc.)