♥ This Fundraising Program is for CRA-registered charities such as non-profit organizations, sports organizations, clubs, etc. only ♥ For our « Read-A-Thon Fundraising Programs for Schools » page, please click here. ♥ For our « Birthday Read-A-Thon » Fundraising Program page, please click here. ♥
♥ These Fundraising Programs are only available in Canada. ♥
DID YOU KNOW?
You can raise so much money just by focusing on READING!
- Kids focus on reading instead of selling a product.
- For every dollar raised, one minute will be read!
- Even friends or family out of town can support your reading efforts.
- All the money and reading minutes are handled and tracked for you – online!
- We offer 2 fundraising services! Our « Read-A-Thon » and « Read-A-Thon Express » fundraising programs is designed to give organizations the chance to raise money for a variety of reasons such as field trips costs, special art supplies, help cover tournament costs, etc.
An Annual Literacy Survey done in the UK, back in 2018, reports that participants who have participated in a Read-A-Thon compared to participants who had not taken part in a Read-A-Thon:
- Enjoy reading more.
- Are more likely to read something in their free time daily.
- Have on average higher perceptions of their reading ability.
- Read a wider variety of materials, such as poems, non-fiction, fiction, lyrics, text messages and websites, in their free time at least once a month.
- Have more positive attitudes towards reading, for example they are more likely to agree that reading is cool; more likely to agree that they carry on reading even when they find it difficult; and more likely to agree that there are lots of things they want to read.
- Are more likely to use the school library.
- Report higher life satisfaction.
- Click here for the survey.
HOW DOES IT WORKS?
1) Our « Read-A-Thon » Fundraising Program (Time commitment: 4 weeks)
Click here for more information!
2) Our « Read-A-Thon Express » Fundraising Program (Time commitment: 1 week)
Click here for more information!
READING LOG PROGRAM PREVIEW
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW!
- There is no cost or no obligation.
- No products to sell.
- No donation forms to keep track of. Everything is done online!
- Free starter pack with all of the materials ready to go.
- Read-A-Thon’s can be held at any time during the year.
- A Mind Growth Education representative will be assigned to your group to help with any questions you may have or if it’s a question about how chIMP works, have a chat with them.
- Your group can choose from two different reading log programs: « Read Across Canada » or « Read Across the World« .
- Available in both French and English.
- Profits going back to your group vary from 75% to 80% depending on the « Rewards Program » you choose.
WHAT WE NEED TO KNOW!
1. Your Group Information: We will need your group name, address, contact information, the name of the appointed organizer for the fundraiser. We will need a short description of why you’re raising money and we strongly suggest you send us a photo of your group, logo, mascot or anything else people will associate with your group.
2. A List of Your Participants: We will need each participant’s first name and first letter of their last name and their parents’ email addresses – that’s it! Our fundraising program as well as our reading log program is FOIPPA compliant. Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIPPA) is legislation that regulates the collection, storage, and use of personal information (regardless of how it is recorded) by public bodies. We request very basic information about participants. That information is used to create a Mind Growth Education account and a Charitable Impact account for each participant. We will also send two emails telling the parent about the « Read-A-Thon » fundraising program and their child’s login information and then a second one stating how many minutes their child needs to read! Any parent can request that their child be removed from the system at any time. The names and email addresses are not used for any other purpose other than for those expressly pertaining to the specific fundraising event.
WHAT’S INCLUDED? (All available in English and French)
- Customized Online Campaign Page via Charitable Impact Foundation
- Organizer Handbook: It includes instructions and forms for running the easiest and most successful fundraiser possible!
- Brag Tags for every participant! (Courtesy of Mind Growth Education)
- And much more, such as the rewards (if chosen)!
READY TO PROCEED? Fill out the form below.
Q & A
Q: How do I get started?
A: Just fill out the form above! The sign up process is that easy!
Q: What happens if the participant doesn’t read all of his or her minutes within the allocated time frame?
A: No problem! The winner is calculated based on the participant who raises the most money; therefore, if it takes you a month, it takes you a month! The program will stay open for at least a month. Please contact us at email@example.com if you need the program to stay open for longer than a month.
Q: Why is incorporating the “Read Across Canada”or « Read Across the World » reading log program important?
A: Children are very motivated by the reading log programs, as they are excited to see where they will end up on their reading journey after having read all of their minutes, and the program is a great fun way to explore Canada or the World from a variety of perspectives: artistic, cultural, historical, geographical, political and/or economical.
Q: I’m the appointed organizer for the group and a very busy person. What would be my time commitment to this fundraiser?
A: You only have two minor commitments to do: 1) Complete all necessary paperwork to get the fundraiser going and 2) Promote reading throughout the « Read-A-Thon » to your participants. Leave the rest to your Mind Growth Education! One more thing, if you choose the « no rewards » option, you will need to find your own prizes.
Q: Why does the “Read-A-Thon” need to be run through our a registered charity or a non-profit organization?
A: Since Mind Growth Education is a for-profit company, we’ve partnered with a social fundraising site named Charitable Impact Foundation whom issues tax receipts immediately for all donations processed on their platform. Because of this, they are only legally able to disburse to CRA-registered charities such as non-profit organizations, sports organizations or parent advisory councils within schools. We offer between 75% to 80% profit to get as much money to your group as possible. Donations are sent from Charitable Impact Foundation to your non-profit organizations, sports organizations or parent advisory councils after the two week fundraising deadline and are kept within your organization/group. Then, the organization/group will receive an invoice to pay a portion of the funds (20% to 25%) to Mind Growth Education to cover software subscriptions and usage of our programs. That is why Mind Growth Education assigns a representative to help with organizing and running the “Read-A-Thon” within your organization or group with the appointed group organizer! FOR MORE INFORMATION, please contact us to request a starter kit with all the details necessary to run a successful “Read-A-Thon”. EASY PEASY!
Q: Are people who don’t live locally able to donate?
A: Absolutely! Send them your group’s custom fundraising page url, and they can donate online. Please note that the charitable tax receipt is for Canadian jurisdiction only, but the donation can be given from any donor that has a credit card.
Q: Do you accept cash donations?
A: We are trying to avoid having to handle and manage cash, and would prefer to take donations through the online website. The fundraising site provides the charitable donation tax receipting, which simplifies things immensely for the group’s organizer. However, if you do not require a tax receipt, and are not able to donate online, you can collect the money and have your parent donate it online themselves instead.
Q: What books do our participants use?
A: We do not offer an online library; therefore, participants need to use books they already have at home, from their local library or even their school’s library. Many participants also read digital books and then log in their minutes in their Mind Growth Education account afterwards.