Happy 1st anniversary to us!
It was one year ago today (July 1st, 2019) that we officially launched « Mind Growth Education » and our first reading log program entitled « Read Across Canada ». What a wonderful first year it has been! We’d like to thank everyone who became Mind Growth Readers and whom supported us in so many ways!
We have a lot of cheerful memories to add to Mind Growth Education’s path to success. The accomplishments that you see now are the reflection of hard work and the eagerness to make a difference in our world every day from our Mind Growth Readers or Fundraisers. A special thanks to Array Studios! We couldn’t have done it without your great team! Also, a big thanks to my family (my parents, my sister, my husband and my kids) for letting me reach for the stars and helping out along the way!
We were founded in Nanoose Bay, Canada last year (2019) by Isabelle Baril. It all started with the goal of motivating children to read on a daily basis, and boy did it ever!
Today, our company has grown from one reading log program to two, to having hundreds and hundreds of children on our reading adventures, to a very rewarding, effective and profitable fundraising program along with dedicated team members who are focused on helping people create the change they want to see in the world, through charity and literacy! What a great combination! Who knew « Great Things Happen When You Read! »
As we move forward into the next year of business, look out world, there is plenty more to come!
Everyone has something they want to change in the world!
Today, we have exciting news! We are officially launching our « Fundraising Program ». Our « Read-A-Thon » fundraising program was such a hit last year that we’ve decided to expand and offer new services within our « Fundraising Program ». « Everyone has something they want to change in the world! » This phrase is essentially what our « Fundraising Program » represents. We are giving the ability for students, families, schools, athletes, club members, organizations, etc. a chance to change something in the world – for the better, of course – just by focusing on reading, learning and caring! What more can you ask for!Introducing our new « Fundraising Program » services:
1) School Read-A-Thon (Time commitment: 4 weeks) (Collective)
2) School Read-A-Thon Express (Time commitment: 48 hours or 1 week +) (Collective)
3) Classroom Read-A-Thon (Time commitment: 4 weeks) (Individual)
4) Classroom Read-A-Thon Express (Time commitment: 48 hours or 1 week +) (Individual)
*Our « School Read-A-Thon » fundraising programs (choice of two) is designed to give schools the chance to raise money for their schools for a variety of reasons. Our « Classroom Read-A-Thon » fundraising programs (choice of two) is designed to give classrooms the chance to raise money for field trips, special art supplies, etc. Same concepts for non-profits, charities, clubs, sports teams, etc.
Check out our « Read-A-Thon for Schools » blog post for more information!
For non-profits, charities, clubs, sports teams, etc.
1) Read-A-Thon (Time commitment: 4 weeks) (Individual)
2) Read-A-Thon Express (Time commitment: 48 hours or 1 week +) (Individual)
Check out our « Read-A-Thon for non-profits, charities, clubs, sports teams, etc.« blog post for more information!
Birthday Read-A-Thon (for anyone wanting to celebrate their birthday a little differently – giving instead of receiving!)
1) Birthday Read-A-Thon (Time commitment: 1 week +) (Individual)
Check out our « Birthday Read-A-Thon » blog post for more information!
Great Things Happen When You Read! Read-A-Thon (for anyone wanting to participate in one of our ongoing campaigns to raise funds for a cause chosen by Mind Growth Education or yourself that will have a positive, transformative impact on a community, a group of individuals, etc.)
1) Great Things Happen When You Read! Read-A-Thon (Time commitment: 48 hours or 1 week +) (Individual)
Check out our « Great Things Happen When You Read! Read-A-Thon » blog post for more information!
In honour of our 1 year anniversary, we want you to pay close attention to our « Great Things Happen When You Read! Read-A-Thon « fundraising service. As mentioned above, this fundraiser is for individuals wanting to participate in one of our ongoing campaigns to raise funds for a cause chosen by Mind Growth Education that will have a positive, transformative impact on a community, a group of individuals, a charity, a non-profit organization, etc.) We will be adding campaigns on an ongoing basis when an important cause arises in our nation! We are here to help raise funds and promote literacy at the same time! Our current campaigns are the following:
OUR CURRENT CAMPAIGNS ARE THE FOLLOWING:
1) Non-profit organization: Vancouver Aquarium – Cause: Help Save The Vancouver Aquarium. Why we chose this cause?Due to COVID-19, the animal care teams at Vancouver Aquarium are still hard at work ensuring that 70,000 animals – from the jellyfish, to the frogs, to our rescued otters – continue to receive the highest level of care. Without ticket revenue, their need for your support has never been greater. The Vancouver Aquarium is more than just a place to see animals. It’s an interactive learning space that focuses on practical conservation that’s tangible to guests. We are proud to lend a hand a help raise funds and awareness for such a special place in our hearts. You can help save the Vancouver Aquarium by signing up to this « Read-A-Thon » campaign here!
2) Charity: WE Charity – Cause: WE Charity educates and empowers young people from all over the world. Why we chose this cause? WE Day and WE Schools are initiatives of WE Charity that educate and empower young people. WE Schools is a year-long service-learning program that nurtures compassion in students and gives them the tools to create transformative social change. And WE Day is a series of inspiring events that celebrate youth making a difference in their local and global communities. You can help WE Charity transform lives around the world by signing up to this « Read-A-Thon » campaign here!
3) Non-profit organization: YOUTH ACTION NETWORK/RESEAU ACTION JEUNESSE – Cause: Unlearn, Rethink, Inspire, Do Something! Black Lives Matter! Why we chose this cause? This organization helps youth become more informed and involved in order to move towards a just and sustainable society. They run an annual racism conference.You can this movement by signing up to this « Read-A-Thon » campaign here!
Cheers everyone! Thanks for your support! And to many more years!
Isabelle Baril ♥
Founder of Mind Growth Education