If you are looking for a fun and unique way to raise money for this wonderful organization, you have come to the right place!
Time commitment: Fundraise for two weeks and then you get one month to reach your reading goal at your own pace. (i.e. Your goal could be to read 100 minutes (100 dollars), 200 minutes (200 dollars) or 500 minutes (500 dollars) — the main thing is to challenge yourself or your family and have some fun!)
Please note: There is a registration fee of $24.99 + tax per participant.
- Access to a Mind Growth Education reading log program (choice of two programs: “Read Across Canada” or “Read Across the World”) for one month (available in English and French)
- Your own Fundraising Campaign Page for two weeks
- One Mind Growth Education brag tag
- One Mind Growth Education digital Certificate of Achievement (available in English and French)
- One Sick Kids Foundation pin
- One Sick Kids Foundation sticker
- A Thank You letter (available in English and French)
- Tons of FUN!
How does our fundraising program work? Below you will see how easy it is to set up your Read-A-Thon event:
Step 1 Register (at two different places)!
Step 2 Fundraise for two weeks!
For every dollar raised results in you reading for one minute. Get the word out to your friends and family and tell everyone about your “Read-A-Thon event ». Ask them to support you by making a donation!
Step 3 Get reading for two weeks!
After fundraising for two weeks on behalf of the SickKids Foundation, participants start a virtual road trip across this great country or the globe by reading books that they have at home or from your local library and logging in their minutes on a daily basis – exposing them to all sorts of fun and educational facts along the way (equally as educational for adults too!) via one of our innovative reading log programs which you have up to one month to reach their reading goal (i.e. if you raised $200, your reading goal is 200 minutes).
Step 4 Reap the rewards!
At the end of your Read-A-Thon event, you will receive a small package by mail full of goodies!