THIS DASHBOARD WILL MAKE RUNNING YOUR “READ-A-THON” EVENT REALLY EASY!
• Your Read-A-Thon Fundraising Event Logo
• Your Master Fundraising Campaign Link
• Your Read-A-Thon Kick-Off Video Link
• Your Read-A-Thon Timeline
• Great News!
• Your Social Media Toolkit
• Mind Growth Education Reading Log Login Information
• Ways To Do One Reading Session A Day!
• FAQ (Frequently Asked Question)
Isabelle – Your Mind Growth Education Representative
YOUR “READ-A-THON” CAMPAIGN LOGO
THE MASTER FUNDRAISING CAMPAIGN LINK
Here is the link to your event’s master campaign page:
*The master campaign page is not yet launched – launching on February 1st, 2023 to make sure all works well! Once launched, your custom fundraising page will then become visible for everyone to donate to specifically.
You could start sharing the link on your social media outlets, via email campaigns or even by text – Just make sure it is visible to everyone for the best result! Research shows you can make up to 80% more money when people can contribute online!
How do I find my class’ campaign link? On the master campaign page, at the bottom of the page!
You can share the link(s) by clicking anywhere on the following bar on the campaign page!
PLEASE NOTE: I will be updating the “followers/subscribers” on the master campaign page a few times a week with a total count, also sending encouraging messages and assigning weekend homework ;).
YOUR “READ-A-THON” KICK-OFF VIDEO LINK
YOUR “READ-A-THON” TIMELINE
Read4BCHS Read-A-Thon Event:
Monday, February 6th, 2023 to Sunday, February 26th, 2023
- Three weeks of “Fundraising” starting Monday, February 6th, 2023 to Sunday, February 26th, 2023: Your class start advertising/promoting their division(s) link as much as possible on their social media outlets, by email or even by text.
- Simultaneously, three weeks of the “Read-A-Thon” starting Monday, February 6th, 2023 to Sunday, February 26th, 2023: You begin reading and logging in their minutes in their Mind Growth Education’s reading log program account.
- The last day of the “Read-A-Thon” is Sunday, February 26th, 2023: The handing out of the prizes will be up to the BCHS foundation to organize on their own terms.
A LIST OF WAYS TO MAKE YOUR “READ-A-THON” THE BEST EVER!
Please make sure you read through the following list for ideas on how to make your “Read-A-Thon” the best ever!
COMMUNICATION IS KEY!
• Promote your master campaign page! Share, share, share!
• Consider creating a campaign video! Campaigns with a video raise more money. It’s not hard to see why. Videos are eye-catching, persuasive, and very, very shareable. Record one now to tell your fundraising story.
• Partake in the “Two Weeks $500 Challenge”.
Click here to download the challenge!
YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA TOOLKIT
Purpose: Your social media toolkit contains information and resources to push out and amplify your campaign on all of your social media platforms. This method can be an incredibly powerful way to expand your reach. Please note: These are just suggestions but could help your posts be compelling and engaging!
Suggested Social Media Post, Email or even Newsletter Wording:
Dear friends and family,
The Brant Community Healthcare System Foundation is hosting it’s fourth annual Read4BCHS Read-A-Thon fundraiser this year and we are participating! The funds raised through Read4BCHS will go towards supporting paediatric care at the Brant Community Healthcare System. We will need to raise funds for three weeks while simultaneously read books to try to gain enough reading minutes to virtually travel across the World! This “Read-A-Thon” Fundraising Event starts on Monday, February 6th, 2023 to Sunday, February 26th, 2023. All of the profits will go to our foundation, courtesy of Mind Growth Education. In addition to raising funds for our foundation, the non-profit organization, One Tree Planted will plant a tree for every 25% of the reading challenge a participant or class completes along our “Read Across the World” reading adventure route. There’s no extra work or cost for the participants/families/classes — Just make sure the participants keep reading!
Mind Growth Education is a company that has a big passion for improving literacy in Canada. We are excited to work with them to help raise money for our foundation and to show children the importance of reading and global reforestation!
Can you help us reach our fundraising goal by donating to our event and then sharing the link on your social media today? Click on the following link https://fundrazr.com/read4bchs to do so!
Thank you for your support!
(Enter your name here)
Sample of Other Social Media Post Wording (For Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.):
• We are asking our families and friends to help the Brant Community Healthcare System Foundation by donating to their Read4BCHS “Read-A-Thon” Fundraising Event. #read4bchs2023
• Help us “read across the World”! Please donate today! #read4bchs2023
• Last day of #read4bchs2023! Help us reach our fundraising goal before midnight!
Save the Date Image:
Click here to download!
Friendly Event Reminder Images:
Click on images to download.
Suggested Thank You Social Media Post, Email or even Newsletter Wording:
(Please note: This will be updated the day AFTER your event is over)
Thank you for your support during our Read-A-Thon fundraiser. The final numbers are in! Thanks to your generosity, 100% of the proceeds will go directly to the Brant Community Healthcare System Foundation!
Total Reading Minutes Completed: ____________
Total Raised: $____________
Real Trees Planted: ____________
We are incredibly proud of our school and the amazing ways they showed their love of reading.
Final Overview Poster
(Here’s last year’s poster, we will create one for your school once the event it over)
MIND GROWTH EDUCATION READING LOG PROGRAM
Please note: I will be updating the master campaign page every Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday with the current reading minute count from everyone participating in the event!
READING LEVELS OF DIFFICULTY
We have separated the event into three levels of difficulty (to even out the competition):
Grade K-1 = Beginner (for every minute read, 12 kilometres will be traveled)
Grade 2-5 = Standard (for every minute read, 8 kilometres will be traveled)
Grade 6-12 = Advanced (for every minute read, 4 kilometres will be traveled)
HOW DOES IT WORK? (Once they get their login information)
Step #1: They go to the following link: https://mindgrowtheducation.com/
Step #2: They click on the “Sign In” button and enter their login information.
Step #3: They click on the “About Me” button, scroll down and select their character (they will only need to do this once).
Step #4: They click on the “Log Minutes” button and enter the minutes they have read for that day’s reading session! They repeat Step #1, #2 and #4 after every reading session!
*For the French/French Immersion participants, they simply need to click on the “FR” on the top right corner of your screen for the platform to be in French at any point.
WAYS TO DO ONE READING SESSION A DAY!
Here’s a list of ways to do one reading session a day!
- Host DEAR – ‘Drop Everything And Read’ sessions. On an agreed certain time of the day (i.e. first thing in the morning, during class or after school), every participant drops everything and reads. Great way to get the whole class/family reading together!
- Have a close friend, family member or even an author read a book on video conference with your family (ie. Zoom).
- Read it before you see it! Read a particular book within the two weeks and when the “Read-A-Thon” is over, view the film version cinema-style (even make it a pyjama and/or popcorn day).
- Run a book swap within your group!
- Host a “Favourite Book Character Day” and have everyone read the book associated with their costume!
- Read during recess, while waiting for your next class to start or even on the bus!
FAQs (FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS)
We’ve tried to answer many common questions below, but if you need additional help, please get in touch with your Mind Growth Education representative, Isabelle, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q: Can a Mind Growth Education Representative come to present at a Kick-off Assembly?
A: The safety of our employees is a top priority for us so we will not be having representatives visiting kick-off assemblies this year. We have designed this entire Read-A-Thon program to enable your school to run virtual Kick-off Assembly without having a representative attend in person. Your Mind Growth Education representative will be available virtually to help you as you prepare for your Read-A-Thon event.
Q: How does your reading log programs work?
A: Teachers record the number of minutes they’ve read in class on a daily basis by signing into their Mind Growth Education account. The program automatically converts their minutes into kilometres and advances their avatar on a virtual adventure across the World through various countries to form a route that spans from Canada down to the eastern hemisphere and back up again through the Western Hemisphere and end in United States of America. Every time a class arrives at one of the major points on their adventure, a little blurb pops up with educational facts about that country. The class also get to earn badges and get printable worksheets as they progress on their reading journey. (Please note: For every 20 minutes, you will travel approx. 240 kilometres on the adventure map).
Q: What if a class reads across the World before the event is over?
A: They keep on logging in those minutes! The challenge will then be “How many times could you read across the World until the end of your event?” – The record so far is 3 times by a class from Nanaimo, BC.
Q: What if one of the teachers needs help (i.e. cannot remember his/her username and/or password). What to do?
A: Just email Isabelle, your Mind Growth Education representative, with your question(s) and she’ll be happy to help.
Q: Can we collect offline funds?
A: Using our online fundraising platform allows you to avoid having to handle and manage cash. However, if the person is not able to give online, many families have accepted cash or cheques and then personally donated the exact amount online afterwards. Donate here: https://fundrazr.com/read4bchs2023
Q: Do the contributors get tax receipts?
A: Yes. As soon as a sponsor donates, a tax receipt will be available to them via email. Also, donors do receive access to our digital coupon sheet with great savings on awesome stuff (candles, soaps, bath bubbles, digital reading log program, etc.) as a thank you gift for any donation $10 or more.
Q: How do we view everyone’s online fundraising efforts?
A: Go to the event’s Master Campaign page where you will be able to see all of the online fundraising efforts (https://fundrazr.com/read4bchs2023) for your event.
Q: How does someone make an online donation?
A: Step #1: Go to the following link: https://fundrazr.com/read4bchs2023. Step #2: Click on the “DONATE” button. Easy as that!
Q: Where do our contributions go?
A: 100% of the funds raised through Read4BCHS will go towards supporting paediatric care at the Brant Community Healthcare System.
* Thank you prizes
Q: What will my class receive for participating in this Read-A-Thon event?
A: Every class who registers receives a prize package via mail and a chance to win a grand prize. Also, at the end of your reading adventure route, you will be able to download a printable certificate of achievement. Additionally, you will also receive a printable certificate via email stating how many trees your class has planted during your event from Mind Growth Education.
HAPPY FUNDRAISING AND HAPPY READING!