Digital Participant Dashboard – École Seaforth Elementary School
THIS DIGITAL PARTICIPANT DASHBOARD WILL HELP PARTICIPATING IN YOUR SCHOOL’S READ-A-THON FUNDRAISING EVENT REALLY FUN AND EASY!
• Your Read-A-Thon Kick-Off Event Video
• Your Read-A-Thon Fundraising Event Logo
• Your Participant Registration Webpage
• Your Master Fundraising Campaign Link
• Your Read-A-Thon Timeline
• Great News!
• Your Social Media Toolkit
• Mind Growth Education Reading Log Login Information
• Ways To Do One Reading Session A Day!
• FAQ (Frequently Asked Question)
Isabelle – Your Mind Growth Education Representative
YOUR “READ-A-THON” KICK-OFF EVENT VIDEO
Check it out!
YOUR “READ-A-THON” CAMPAIGN LOGO
Click here to download it!
YOUR MASTER FUNDRAISING CAMPAIGN LINK
Here is the link to your school’s master campaign page:
You could start sharing the link on your social media outlets, via email campaigns or even by text – Just make sure it is visible to everyone for the best result! Research shows you can make up to 80% more money when people can contribute online!
How do I find my child’s or children’s division campaign link? Click on your school’s master campaign page and at the bottom of the page, click on your division! You can share the link(s) by clicking anywhere on the following bar on the campaign page!
YOUR “READ-A-THON” TIMELINE
École Seaforth Elementary School Read-A-Thon Event:
Monday, January 10th, 2022 to Friday, January 28th, 2022
- Starting on Monday, January 10th, 2022 to Friday, January 21st, 2022 (allowing two weeks for families to register): Your PAC starts advertising/promoting the school’s participant registration page so that students and their families could register to participate in the École Seaforth Elementary School Read-A-Thon Event. Within a few hours of registering, you will receive an email from your Mind Growth Education rep with their Mind Growth Education reading log program login information! Check your SPAM folder!
- Three weeks of “Fundraising” starting Monday, January 10th, 2022 to Friday, January 28th, 2022: The participating families start advertising/promoting their division(s) link as much as possible on their social media outlets, by email or even by text.
- Simultaneously, three weeks of the “Read-A-Thon” starting Monday, January 10th, 2022 to Friday, January 28th, 2022: Participants begin reading and logging in their minutes in their Mind Growth Education’s reading log program account. The challenge is: CAN THE STUDENTS OF SEAFORTH ELEMENTARY SCHOOL READ ACROSS CANADA UNTIL JANUARY 28th, 2022?
- The Last day of the “Read-A-Thon” is Friday, January 28th, 2022: The handing out of the prizes (if there are any), stickers and certificate of achievements will be up to the appointed organizer to organize on her own terms.
A LIST OF WAYS TO MAKE YOUR “READ-A-THON” THE BEST EVER!
Please make sure you read through the following list for ideas on how to make your “Read-A-Thon” the best ever!
COMMUNICATION IS KEY!
• Promote your campaign page! Share, share, share!
• Consider creating a campaign video! Campaigns with a video raise more money. It’s not hard to see why. Videos are eye-catching, persuasive, and very, very shareable. Record one now to tell your fundraising story. Check out this video to find out how to make your video more effective: https:// www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3awaLUcjaA
• Partake in the “Two Weeks $500 Challenge”.
Click here to download the challenge!
YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA TOOLKIT
Purpose: Your social media toolkit contains information and resources to push out and amplify your campaign on all of your social media platforms. This method can be an incredibly powerful way to expand your reach. Please note: These are just suggestions but could help your posts be compelling and engaging!
Suggested Social Media Post, Email or even Newsletter Wording:
Dear friends and family,
Seaforth Elementary School’s PAC is hosting a Read-A-Thon fundraiser in partnership with Mind Growth Education to raise money to raise money for a new playground and related playground equipment. Participants will need to raise funds for three weeks while simultaneously read books to try to gain enough reading minutes to virtually travel across Canada! This “Read-A-Thon” Fundraising Event starts on Monday, January 10th, 2022 and ends on Friday, January 28th, 2022. 85% of the profits will go to our school, courtesy of Mind Growth Education. In addition to raising funds for our school, the non-profit organization, One Tree Planted will plant a tree for every 25% of the reading challenge a class completes along our “Read Across Canada” reading adventure route. There’s no extra work or cost for the student/families/school — Just make sure the participants keep reading!
Mind Growth Education is a company that has a big passion for improving literacy in Canada. We are excited to work with them to help raise money for our school and to show children the importance of reading and global reforestation!
Can you help us reach our goal of $3,000 by contributing to our event and then sharing the link on your social media today? Click on the following link https://fundrazr.com/seaforthreadathon to do so!
Thank you for your support!
(Enter name here)
Sample of Other Social Media Post Wording (For Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.):
• We are asking friends and family to help our school, Seaforth Elementary School, complete Mind Growth Education’s challenge of “Reading Across Canada” in two weeks. Please sponsor us by contributing to our “Read-A-Thon” Fundraising Event. #seaforthreadathon2022
• Help us “read across Canada”! Please contribute today! seaforthreadathon2022
• Last day of seaforthreadathon2022! Help us reach our fundraising goal before midnight!
MIND GROWTH EDUCATION READING LOG PROGRAM
HOW DOES IT WORK FOR THE PARTICIPANTS? (Once you get your login info)
Step #1: Go to the following link: https://mindgrowtheducation.com/
Step #2: Click on the “Sign In” button and enter your login information.
Step #3: Click on the “About Me” button, scroll down and select your character (you will only need to do this once).
Step #4: Click on the “Log Minutes” button and enter the minutes you have read for today’s reading session! Repeat Step #1, #2 and #4 after every reading session!
WAYS TO DO ONE READING SESSION A DAY!
Here’s a list of ways to do one reading session a day!
- Host DEAR – ‘Drop Everything And Read’ sessions. On an agreed certain time of the day (i.e. first thing in the morning or after school), every participant drops everything and reads every day for the three week “Read-A-Thon” event. Great way to get the whole family reading together!
- Have a close friend, family member or even an author read a book on video conference with your family (ie. Zoom).
- Read it before you see it! Read a particular book within the three weeks and when the “Read-A-Thon” is over, view the film version cinema-style (even make it a pyjama and/or popcorn day).
- Run a book swap within your group!
- Host a “Favourite Book Character Day” and have everyone read the book associated with their costume!
- Read during recess or while waiting for your next class to start!
FAQs (FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS)
We’ve tried to answer many common questions below, but if you need additional help, please get in touch with your Mind Growth Education representative, Isabelle, at email@example.com.
Q: Can a Mind Growth Education Representative come to my school to present the Kick-off Assembly?
A: The safety of your school as well as our employees is a top priority for us so we will not be having representatives visiting schools this year. We have designed this entire Read-A-Thon program to enable you to run a virtual Kick-off Assembly without having a representative attend in person. Your Mind Growth Education representative will be available virtually to help you as you prepare for your Read-A-Thon event.
Q: How does your reading log programs work?
A: Participants record the number of minutes they’ve read in class or at home on a daily basis by signing into their Mind Growth Education account. The program automatically converts their minutes into kilometres and advances their avatar on a virtual adventure across Canada through various towns and cities to form a route that spans from Victoria, BC to through every province in the lower part of Canada, and back again, through the higher part of Canada, which ends in Whitehorse, Yukon. Every time a participant arrives at one of the major points on their adventure, a little blurb pops up with educational facts about that city or town. The participants also get to earn badges and get printable worksheets as they progress on their reading journey. (Please note: For every 20 minutes, you will travel 240 kilometres on the adventure map).
Q: What if a participant reads across Canada before the event is over?
A: Keep on logging in those minutes! The challenge will then be “How many times could you read across Canada until January 28th, 2022?” – You could say something like “Now that you’ve read across Canada once, can you do it twice by the end of the event?”. The record so far is 3 by a grade 7 student from Nanaimo, BC.
Q: What if a participant or one of the families needs help (i.e. cannot remember his/her username and/or password). What to do?
A: Just email me, Isabelle, your Mind Growth Education representative, with your question(s) and I’ll be happy to help.
Q: Can my PAC collect offline funds?
A: Using our online fundraising platform allows you to avoid having to handle and manage cash. However, if the person is not able to give online, many PACs have accepted cash or cheques and then personally contribute the exact amount online afterwards. Contribute here: https://fundrazr.com/seaforthreadathon
Q: Do the contributors get tax receipts?
A: Unfortunately, no. Contributions made to a personal fundraiser, rather than a charity fundraiser, are generally considered to be personal gifts and are not guaranteed to be tax-deductible. But, you can always check with a tax professional to be sure. You will not be issued a tax receipt from FundRazr nor Mind Growth Education. That being said, contributors do receive access to our digital coupon sheet with great savings on awesome stuff (kid & adult books, candles, soaps, bath bubbles, digital reading log program, etc.) as a thank you gift for any contribution $10 or more.
Q: How do I view our school’s online fundraising efforts?
A: Go to your Master Campaign page where you will be able to see your school’s online fundraising efforts (https://fundrazr.com/seaforthreadathon).
Q: How do I make an online contribution?
A: Step #1: Go to the following link: https://fundrazr.com/seaforthreadathon. Step #2: Click on the “CONTRIBUTE” button. Easy as that!
Q: Where do our contributions go?
A: 85% of the net funds raised by this Read-A-Thon will help fund a new playground and related playground equipment. The remaining 15% goes towards Mind Growth Education to help cover costs such as subscription cost, stickers, certificates of achievement, administrative fee + the Paypal or Stripe payment processing fees and transaction costs.
* Thank you prizes
Q: What will our school or participants receive from Mind Growth Education for participating in this Read-A-Thon event?
A: Each participant will receive a sticker and a certificate of achievement. You will also receive a certificate stating how many trees your school has collectively planted during your event! Your PAC might have organized prizes also, so please consult with Irene Libby from the PAC for more information.